Job: GE VScan Air launch
Client: GE HealthCare, in partnership with Netcare 911 Critical Care and Ecomed Medical
Date of work: December 2022
GE HealthCare product launch
How do you use the power of PR, video and social to showcase groundbreaking technology?
As GE HealthCare’s full-service agency partner in Africa, we were tasked with conceptualising and launching the GE VScan Air ultrasound in the South African market.
Our role was to develop, implement and measure an end-to-end awareness campaign to demonstrate how this groundbreaking technology positively influences pre-hospital triage scanning and benefits patients and clinics alike.
We created and delivered a media event, PR, social amplification and a product launch video.
Having secured local and global news coverage for the launch, the campaign successfully positioned the GE VScan Air as the next frontier in emergency aeromedical technology.
To arrange and host an event in December (just before SA businesses start their annual holiday shutdown), with only three weeks (from brief to concept to delivery) – and ensuring alignment from a brand and stakeholder engagement perspective between GE HealthCare and their partners, Netcare 911 Critical Care and Ecomed.
The CQ Solution
- Produce a launch video – from script to filming and post-production
- Create event theming, messaging and design of all communications and event collateral
- Coordinate the media launch event with all stakeholders, which included but was not limited to:
- Venue booking and setting up the Netcare 911 Helipad
- Invitations, RSVP management and delegate registration
- Venue setup & tech requirements
- Catering and bar requirements
- Branding for all partners – including media packs and attendee gifts
- Event filming and photography
- Post-event communications
In addition, we created, curated and delivered:
- Media packs
- Organic content development to support social media, including short video synopsis / photos of the event, which were shared as organic posts on GEHC’s LinkedIn and Facebook pages, with Netcare 911 and Ecomed tagged in the post.
- A demonstration/simulation of the vScan in a medical crisis so that journalists and stakeholders could see first-hand how the technology works.
- Short videos prior to the launch – used at the launch and syndicated to news stations, post launch.
- Social media support – conducting and managing interviews on site – used on social, post event.
- Motivations for radio and TV interviews
- Short radio content for broadcast media, including scripting voice clips recorded to accompany radio release.
The Results: PR & Social Impact Achieved
- 22 pieces of earned coverage
- Total reach of around 7 982 825
- AVE value: R380 467,34
- PR value: R1 141 402,02
- Engagement rate (organic posts): 12% (well above the average of 2% – 5%)
“Thank you icandi CQ for once again being a creative, eventing and PR partner who delivers. You understand our brand and make the impossible, possible. On time, every time!”
Vscan Launch Video
“We achieved a 12% engagement rate on LinkedIn for organic posts, well above the average of 2% – 5%”
Do you need to build or grow your brand? Market to new clients? Connect with existing clients? Communicate with investors? Engage your staff?
We have the track record to deliver results. Take a look at a few other examples or get in touch with us to discuss your brief.